About Fun, Food and Friendship and the Melbourne Social ClubFun, Food & Friendship is a Melbourne owned and operated social enterprise that organises a wide range of Melbourne events to help people in Melbourne enjoy greater life satisfaction. We support the Melbourne community in general with our award winning Melbourne Social Club that works in a not for profit manner. The Melbourne Social Club has run around four thousand Melbourne events, created great friendships in Melbourne and raised thousands of dollars for charity.
What is the aim of the Melbourne Social Club?
- Provide a award winning social club in Melbourne that has a wide range of interesting Melbourne social events and social activities.
- Enrich the social lives of other Melburnians by bringing people together to socialise around Melbourne and enjoy social activities and events. The Melbourne social club has helped forge many long term friendships in Melbourne including several marriages.
- Make Melbourne social by helping our members meet new people and make new friends in Melbourne and reduce social isolation within the community. We have also received a commendation from the City of Melbourne for our dedicated contribution to Melbourne and its people for making Melbourne social for over a decade.
- Provide great service to our members. We are very highly ranked in Google and Facebook reviews with over 2,600 fans. In 2023, we have qualified for a service award from Word of Mouth Online (WOMO) to be in the TOP 5% of companies based entirely on customer feedback and rated 4.8 stars out of 5 stars. Also in 2023, we qualified for a Quality Business Award which is a seal of quality, achieving an overall quality score of 95% or greater. This award shows a dedication to providing a quality product and maintaining an overall fantastic customer experience.
- Supporting our members with membership loyalty discounts by to 50%, gifting free membership months to cover time spent in lockdown as well as membership discounts and regular weekly communication via e-newsletters.
- Encourage people to become aware and involved in various community, sports and social events in Melbourne such as the Christmas Day Picnic that has been running over 10 years and is open to everyone. On Christmas Day 2017, 2018 and 2019 over 100 people attended this free social community festive event in Melbourne. After a break in 2020/2021 due to COVID-19 restrictions, we were pleased to run the 2022 Christmas Lunch again that allowed the community to come together again to enjoy Christmas Day with new friends in Melbourne and looking forward to Christmas Day 2023.
- Support charitable causes through charity donations. We have raised thousands of dollars for charity over the last 17 years. In 2020, we donated to the Victorian Bushfire Appeal and supported our city in mourning over the Bourke Street car attack by donating to the victims in the attack. In 2023, we are raising funds for the homeless with Sleep at the G event.
- Help charitable associations though events, event sponsors and donations. We have helped may charitable associations such as Cancer Reseacrh, Surf Life Saving Club, Spinal Cord Society, POP (Perspective on Parkinsons), Stralight Foundation, Salvation Army, St Johns Ambulance, Plan International and others. In 2023, we are raising funds for the homeless.
- Encourage companies to participate in our Melbourne Social Club by promoting it to staff or clients who are new to Melbourne - or on an assignment here - or an expat in Melbourne - to help establish a new social life in Melbourne.
- Provide companies and individuals access to the great events within our corporate membership scheme and provide a lifestyle service that will compliment and add value to their existing company culture including corporate events for companies.
How is Melbourne Social Club associated with Fun, Food and Friendship?
Melbourne Social Club is the registered business name of the award winning social club run by Fun, Food and Friendship for the people of Melbourne. In 2006, a new Fun, Food and Friendship group was formed as a social enterprise to provide many social Melbourne events and benefits for social club members. The Melbourne Social Club is also known as the Fun, Food and Friendship Social Club and received a commendation from the city of Melbourne for making Melbourne social for over a decade.